Calls can be made to anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with no restrictions on the number, length, or type of calls.All calls are strictly confidential and no records of any conversations are maintained.
Watch How New Jersey Relay Work
What is 711?
Dialing 711 is easy and fast. It automatically connects to a Communication Assistant (CA), without having to remember and dial a ten-digit access number.
Everyone can use 711
Follow these simple steps:
- Dial 711 (or the New Jersey Relay toll-free number appropriate for you specific call. Click here)
- A specially trained CA will answer and identify themselves by their operator number.
- Give the CA the phone number of the person you are calling.
- The CA will connect you with the person you are calling and assist you with communication.
It really is that easy!
If the phone from which you are calling does not accept 711, just call 1-800-659-2656 for the same great results.
New Jersey Relay Customer Profile
The New Jersey Relay Customer Profile form allows consumers to list their preferences for calls, such as:
- Frequently dialed numbers
- Emergency numbers
- Preferred gender of operator
- Announcing relay service
As a consumer, you have flexibility in updating your preferences at any time.
Click here to learn how to set up your Customer Profile.